DIY Japanese Kintsugi Pottery Repair
Kintsugi is the process of mending broken pottery with a a gold-dusted lacquer to adhere the pieces back together, and make the final product even more beautiful than before.
Total Time: 1 hour
- broken pottery, plate, or any thing ceramic
- paint brush
- tube "527" multi-use glue
- metallic acrylic paint
- 1 cup water
- piece of newspaper
- Lay newspaper down on work surface.
- Gather all materials.
- Paint each new showing side of of the pottery edge with metallic acrylic paint using a small paint brush and occasionally dipping into a cup of water.
- Let pieces dry.
- Apply multi-purpose glue to two pieces at a time. Let dry.
- Glue the now bigger pieces together, starting with the bottom of the object. Be sure to fit pieces very snugly.
- Clamp pieces together if necessary until dry.
- Let sit overnight.
CommentsRead More Comments
Published by ThriftyFun.
© 1997-2020 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved.