DIY Japanese Kintsugi Pottery Repair
An inexpensive way to fix broken pottery is with a gold dusted lacquer to stick the pieces back together leaving an attractive piece of pottery. This is a guide about DIY Japanese kintsugi pottery repair
Share on ThriftyFunThis guide contains the following solutions. Have something to add? Please share your solution!
Kintsugi is the process of mending broken pottery with a a gold-dusted lacquer to adhere the pieces back together, and make the final product even more beautiful than before.
Total Time: 1 hour
- broken pottery, plate, or any thing ceramic
- paint brush
- tube "527" multi-use glue
- metallic acrylic paint
- 1 cup water
- piece of newspaper
- Lay newspaper down on work surface.
- Gather all materials.
- Paint each new showing side of of the pottery edge with metallic acrylic paint using a small paint brush and occasionally dipping into a cup of water.
- Let pieces dry.
- Apply multi-purpose glue to two pieces at a time. Let dry.
- Glue the now bigger pieces together, starting with the bottom of the object. Be sure to fit pieces very snugly.
- Clamp pieces together if necessary until dry.
- Let sit overnight.
January 16, 20190 found this helpful
Very beautiful. Thank you for sharing. :)
January 17, 20190 found this helpful
I guess one CAN mend a broken heart!