Uses for Chipped Pottery

Chipped pottery does not have to end up in the dumpster. There are a variety of ways to use these otherwise lovely pieces to enhance your home's decor or use in even more practical ways. This is a guide about uses for chipped pottery.

March 14, 2012 Flag

I found this McCoy pottery ashtray at a flea market. I got it for a steal because it had a very small chip on one edge in the back. Not even noticeable from the front. But McCoy collectors know that condition is everything.

I just liked it, didn't care about condition or the fact that I don't smoke. I had other plans for it. Once I carefully smoothed the chip using an emory board (yes this really works), I glued a safety pin to the back with super glue.

Now I have a unique wall pocket. I found some dried weeds that suited my decor and there you go. New life for an ashtray.

By ~gloria from western NY

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

Very stylish!

October 11, 2006 Flag

Just got a "majolica" Italian plate from a thrift shop for 60 cents. It is lovely, but it had chips on the edges. Being white, I covered the chips with old thickened white-out and then when dry, covered it with a layer of clear nail polish. Now it has fruit on it on my sideboard and no one's the wiser! (You can also used thickened white-out around drains in the bath to mend chipping there.)

By Pam from Los Angeles

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes
Better Living Green Living ReusingJanuary 11, 2017
Porcelain Clawfoot Tub
Repairing a Chipped Porcelain Tub
Chipped Paint on Old Chair
Sealing Chipped Paint on Old Wood
colorful Mexican bowls
Using Mexican Pottery
Granite Countertop
Repairing a Chipped Granite Countertop
🐰
🍀
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on February 21, 2017 at 9:19:36 PM on 10.0.2.252 in 3 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.