Finding the Value of Chinese Pottery?

Category Miscellaneous
Determining the value of Asian pottery can be tricky without the aid of either a reputable website or an expert appraiser. The markings are helpful, but you need to be able to either translate them or find a source for using them to identify your pieces. This is a page about finding the value of Chinese pottery.

Can anyone tell me the age of this piece and if it is of any value? I inherited in my nans things. It is 30 cm in height.

Answers

Best Answer

Hi there. Check out this guide, it may be helpful. The marking on the bottom can tell you a lot.

www.figurines-sculpture.com/pottery-identification-marks.html

Best Answer

Here is a link to a site I found that looked promising:

www.gotheborg.com/.../20thcenturychina.shtml

Can anyone tell me the value of this Chinese porcelain vase? It is 40 cm in height and it has a Chinese character on the bottom.

Thank you in advance.

Answers

Best Answer

The symbol is important to determine if it is Chinese or Japanese, but I can tell you after starting down the path of trying to learn more about oriental art to see if I wanted to add it to my reselling business, that identifying pieces is extremely challenging and even people who know a lot still have trouble with identifying pieces.

What is helpful is knowing the provenance. How long you have had it even where you are located.

The challenges are two fold....many new pieces have been made to look old and even use markings similar to the old and valuable pieces. There was such a huge influx of Japanese pieces in the US market after WW II and then a huge influx of Chinese pieces starting in the 1980s. A the moment the market is saturated with pieces and even if you had a more valuable piece, the sheer volume (supply and demand--high supply, lower demand) has dropped values.

My best suggestion is to join a Facebook group like www.facebook.com/.../ and see if they can help you figure out exactly what you have.

Once you know what you have, I can help you value it and offer tips on the best way to sell, pack, ship.

Let me know what you learn!! Thanks for asking!

These are very old, but are they antique. Please could you tell me if these are of any value?

Answers

Best Answer

These marks may mean nothing to us but I would suggest going to the eBay discussion boards for at least beginning knowledge as there are several very good dealers who will help with these markings.

There are experts that deal with this type of item all the time and I feel sure they can help you and maybe tell you where to seek more help for true evaluation.
You will have to upload photos and give measurements but if you have any problems someone will help - just ask.
Here is a link - good luck:

community.ebay.com/.../29

Could you please help me identify this Asian jar and find out what it's worth?

Answers

This ginger jar should have identifying markings. If it doesn't, it probably is not worth too much.

It doesnt. Thank you!

Hi again, I love the blue and white pieces!! If this is a ginger jar, do you have the lid?

Replacements.com (which I suggested for your other pieces) can help you with this one also.

If they can ID it, they will also tell you if it should have a lid or not. Most ginger jars have a lid. Without it, it is can be used as a vase, but it devalues it.

Post back what you learn on all of your pieces! Thanks for sharing!

Consumer Advice Collectibles MiscellaneousApril 26, 2018
🌻
🐛
😎
📓
😷
https://www.thriftyfun.com/Finding-the-Value-of-Chinese-Pottery.html