Finding the Value of Chinese Pottery

Category Miscellaneous
Determining the value of Asian pottery can be tricky without the aid of either a reputable website or an expert appraiser. The markings are helpful, but you need to be able to either translate them or find a source for using them to identify your pieces. This is a guide about finding the value of Chinese pottery.

Can anyone tell me the age of this piece and if it is of any value? I inherited in my nans things. It is 30 cm in height.

Answers

Best Answer

Hi there. Check out this guide, it may be helpful. The marking on the bottom can tell you a lot.

www.figurines-sculpture.com/pottery-identification-marks.html

Best Answer

Here is a link to a site I found that looked promising:

www.gotheborg.com/.../20thcenturychina.shtml

These are very old, but are they antique. Please could you tell me if these are of any value?

Answers

Best Answer

These marks may mean nothing to us but I would suggest going to the eBay discussion boards for at least beginning knowledge as there are several very good dealers who will help with these markings.

There are experts that deal with this type of item all the time and I feel sure they can help you and maybe tell you where to seek more help for true evaluation.
You will have to upload photos and give measurements but if you have any problems someone will help - just ask.
Here is a link - good luck:

community.ebay.com/.../29