Boxing Up Items When Moving

Load everything that you can into boxes. You can stack them on a dolly to move multiple boxes at a time and they allow you to easily pack a moving truck.

If you are in the habit of saving the original boxes for electronic devices like DVD players and TVs now is a great time to put them to use. Linens, clothing, pillows and cushions should be packed into bags or boxes as well.

You can also pack clothing into duffel bags, trunks and other luggage. Pack them lightly to prevent wrinkles. Use blank newsprint for packing your nicest items to prevent newspaper ink from transferring onto belongings.

Good ideas, hopefully we will be moving at the end of this month to our new home. Just tonight

I was wondering when to start packing, and should

I put clothes in boxes. Thank you for tips.

When packing fine china or any plates place a cheap paper plate between each dish.

Here's something I learned moving coast to coast. Pull the drawers out of the dressers. Load dresser in truck replace FULL drawers. No extra space used. Also I wrap breakables or anything that needs padding in things that I will wash after arriving anyway. Towels, wash clothes, even comforters are great for this, plus it uses much less space because you are not packing twice.. I never have a box of towels.. I unpack my breakables and throw the towels in the wash.. Far fewer boxes to deal with and less packing material to throw away..

moving tips and tricks
Moving Tips and Tricks
Organizing MovingNovember 3, 2005
Alabama Sign
Moving to Alabama
Boxing Day Dinner
What is Boxing Day?
Various promotional items.
Removing Logos from Promotional Items
A pair of red boxing gloves.
Boxing Themed Birthday Parties