Organizing Food When Moving

When I was getting ready to move, I did not want to get rid of all the food in my cabinets. But food items can be heavy and breakable. So I needed to come up with an idea that would keep my things together and to also contain anything that might break.

My solution was to purchase two brand new large trash cans with lids and wheels. I put all box foods and bag packages in one. In the other can, I put all canned food and jars of food.

Any jars that might break in the move are now contained to one can. Having wheels on the cans help roll the heavy trash can right onto the moving truck. There are not multiple boxes of food to go through. And finding the food containers were easy. The added bonus is that you now have two new trash cans for your new home.

That sure is a great way to move those things easily, and with the added bonus of new cans.