Scratches on a Cellphone Screen

Can I remove a scratch from my cellphone glass?

By JJ from Atlanta

Alot of cell phones have a protective plastic that covers the screen. If yours did you may be able to peel it off to remove the scrattch. If not there is really nothing you can do.'

Maybe you can find a used broken cell phone (same as yours) at a yardsaloe and take it apart. It may be possible to change the screens. You take a big risk though.

Another option is most cell companies I think have a trade program where you can trade in your phone for a newer model. The catch is your contract with them usually starts over. There may be othr things but you could ask or check out the company website you have a cell phone with and read what they have to offer.

April 23, 2010 Flag

How can I get scratches out of my cell phone screen?

By Jeanne from Atlanta, GA

Scratches on a Cellphone Screen

I wonder if the pencils that they sell to get scratches off eyeglasses would work for the cell phone screen? Worth a try. (02/26/2010)

By Indianone

Scratches on a Cellphone Screen

I don't know if it would help now, but the moment I get a new cell, I buy screen protectors. For less than ten dollars, you get about six or seven large sheets. One sheet did not just do my phone, but my daughter's phone, and still had about half the sheet left. I also buy covers for my phones. I have phones that are in better shape at a few years old than some people's newer phones. Invest in both and you won't be sorry. (03/14/2010)

By KLS8800

February 25, 2010 Flag

How do you clean scratches off a mobile phone screen?

Scratches on a Mobile Phone Screen

Light scratches on a watch crystal (which is typically made of a high-density plastic) can be removed with most (abrasive-types of) toothpaste. In such a case, I put a little on the crystal and rub with my thumb in a circular motion. If the watch is waterproof I just rinse it off with water.

For a phone, use of toothpaste might be the same but typically water will ruin a phone. If I used toothpaste on the lens of my phone I would be careful not to get it on any other parts. I might tape off the surrounding area with a (low adhesive) tape. If I think tape is too adhesive (i.e., has too much gripping power) I sometimes touch it to different parts of my clothing to pick up lint. The lint reduces the tape's adhesiveness with the final object. (05/08/2007)

By SomeGuyInMichigan

Scratches on a Mobile Phone Screen

I just used the toothpaste method on my LG "Rumor" and it worked alright. It didn't remove anything much, just made it a little bit more smooth is all. If you have anymore feedback on this it would be great. BTW, toothpaste does not ruin cell-phone screens so don't listen to that rumor. (04/28/2009)

By frothy_milk

Cell Phone Screen
Removing Scratches from a Cell Phone Screen
Home and Garden Repair Electronics (Small) CellphonesApril 23, 2010
Repairing Scratches on Wood Furniture
Repairing Scratches on Wood Furniture
Calling 911 With Cell Phone
Using Your Cellphone in An Emergency
A person cleaning a flat screen monitor with a cloth.
Cleaning a Flat Screen Monitor
A Sharpie marker with its lid off.
Removing Permanent Ink (Sharpie) from a Computer Screen