Red Hat Society Bra Hat

To make a red hat out of a bra for your red hat chapter. Cut straps off red bra, and sides, just leave the cups. Fold left over material under, decorate with purple or lavender lace, and jewels. Then put elastic on back, and wind it around a purple or red head band.

Really cute! Just set it on top of your head. You can find a cheap bra in used clothing stores. Make sure they are able to set up such as lifter bras. A cups work the best.

By Kayealexander from Salt Lake City, UT

November 13, 2011 Flag

I want to make a red hat from a red bra and need to see a picture of one. Thanks.

By Barbara

Answer This QuestionWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

The only red hat photo I could find online is at this link. You'll have to go to the link yourself to see it because the photo is copyrighted.

For visual details click on the photo image to enlarge.

http://www.worthpoint.com/worthoped ... t-society-bra-hats-one-kind-67460814

Wow, those are some hats! I Googled ("how to make a hat out of a bra") after seeing the one in Deeli's link, this is what I found:

http://www.freewebs.com/nashvillequeens/brahatinstructions.htm

These are hilarious, who knew?

Frugalsunnie, bravo that you found that link and they are indeed hilarious! I think where I went wrong was limiting my search to red hat bras instead of just bra hats - LOL! My favorite (I think most beautiful) hat is "The Lovely Lady Joan Queen of Every Detail" :-)

Fledgling Beige Bengalese
Breeding Society Finches
Red Hatter
Red Hat Society Club Ideas
Making Bra Straps Shorter
Making Bra Straps Shorter
Glass of Red Wine Spilled on Carpet
Removing Red Wine Stains from Carpet
🎄
🍂