Using Color Stripper to Fix Bleached Shirt

I was just hoping someone can help me. I damaged a navy shirt with bleach, now it has red blotches all over it. I was thinking of stripping the color with a color fabric stripper hoping the remainder of the shirt where it is still navy will become red. Will this work? If so what type of color stripper would I use and where can I purchase this? My other question is, I want to rinse my washing machine to eliminate all bleach that may still be there how do i do this? Thanks.

Sue from Sunshine Coast

Answers

To celebrate the new year we are giving away $200 in Amazon gift cards for people who answer questions on ThriftyFun in January! Click here to find out more...

If the red spots are ONLY in a few small places, use a NAVY colored permanent marking pen or fabric marking pen to color in the splotches, I do this all the time when I splash bleach on to my clothes.

---> Just run one more load with a light color of clothes, like white or light pink & light blue. It only takes one load in between a bleached load & a dark load to get rid of all traces of bleach. ALSO, Washing w/bleach: always add ALL the water first, then the detergent, then the bleach, then agitate, then, lastly add the clothes, otherwise, holes & splotches from bleach.

---> Color striper & QUALITY DYE: E-mail or call these guys. They KNOW dyes, they know their stuff & are super friendly, too! Do NOT use RIT brand dye! It bleeds, fades & the sun lightens it. Use a quality dye (same price too)!

http://www.dharmatrading.com

Home and Garden Repair ClothingMarch 18, 2008
T-shirt
Tightening T-shirt Sleeves
sharpie tie dyed tshirt
Making a Sharpie Tie Dyed T-Shirt
custom bleached denim with an intricate design
Bleaching Denim
Nice light blue dress shirt.
Making Shirt Collars Last Longer
🍀
💘
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on January 16, 2017 at 11:34:49 AM on 10.0.0.96 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.