Jelly Did Not Set Up

How can I fix jelly that does not set up after it is done?

By Barbara from Zenda, KS

That is a tough one I learned from my mother-in-law and it used to seem so easy.I made 24 pints of plum jelly last year 12 set up so thick and hard. I had to heat to get it out of the jar, the other 12 was like a thick sauce. I used the recommend amount of sure-jell,I would like to find out if anyone has suggestions also, It was all cooked in the same pot.

Several years ago I made mulberry jelly that did not set up. I called the 800 number on the box of sure jell. She told me that if the sure jell was out of date that could be the problem. That is something that you really need to watch. I told her that was not the problem. She said that I should go through the whole cooking process again but not to add more sugar, but to add the amt of sure jell that was required. I was disgusted and thought it was too much work. So my husband had some very good mulberry syrup for his pancakes. Now, every time I make jelly he hopes it won't set up so that he can have some more flavored syrup. LOL!

Margaret from Denton, Texas

Homemade Jelly
Making Homemade Jelly
Food and Recipes Food Tips Food FixesJuly 20, 2010
Leftover Jelly
Uses for Leftover Jelly or Jam
Can of paint with a spill on white table.
Removing Paint Stains from Wood Furniture
A photo of homemade jelly.
Fixing Jelly That Set Too Hard
Making Jelly from Fruit Juice
Making Jelly from Fruit Juice
🐰
🍀
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on February 15, 2017 at 6:06:35 PM on 10.0.1.203 in 542 msecs. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.