Removing Pepsi from Our School

This picture was taken of a Pepsi truck removing the pop machines from Hood River Valley High School. The recipe is to drink 8 glasses of water a day not pop! Drink 8 glasses of water a day not pop. I was glad they removed the pop machines from the schools yeah!

Pepsi Leaving the School

By karen kauffman

However did we get along?

I hope you guys were cheering from behind the camera's view!

Did you know:

1. carbonated drinks help contribute to osteoporosis by blocking calcium absorption

2. caffeine blocks absorption of B-vitamins and iron

3. not enough room to go into the problems associated with sugar and/or artificial sweetener of any kind.

JOB WELL DONE!!!!! :)

I agree with removing pop, etc from schools. My only thought here is were they removing the Pepsi, only to replace it with another brand.

My daughter had to give up drinking soda because it could slow her time at track meets. Since I didn't want to drink it in front of her, I stopped drinking it too. Here are some of the benefits:

1. Although we only drank the diet kind, I lost five pounds in one month.

2. I no longer feel bloated. I had blamed this on middle age, but apparently it was the carbonated drinks.

3. We are both drinking healthier beverages instead, like water, green tea, and skim milk.

4. Soda is expensive. Even the cheap brands add up, and it doesn't do anything for us.

5. I no longer get those horrible gas pains in my stomach that with the soda I would have from time to time.

I will never go back to drinking soda. I'll only buy it when I have guests who would not feel welcome if I don't provide it for them. What an easy way to feel a lot better giving up soda is!

I think that it was the right thing to do because pop is bad for you and it is expensive. Why would you want to buy something that is "bad for you and takes money out of your pocket."

There is a drawback to removing something someone wants - it creates an opportunity for questionable enterprise. At the high school where I teach, carbonated beverages were removed for all the right reasons. However, now students are dealing pop and candy to each other, propping doors to the building open so they can sneak out to the local gas station for Mountain Dew etc and stashing this stuff in their lockers. It's not against the rules for students to bring it in, only for legitimate vendors. Think about what you're cheering. Some of these kids have been caught dealing drugs, too!

Photos OtherSeptember 15, 2005
Middle School Survival Kit
Making a Middle School Survival Kit
A variety of sports equipment
Saving Money on Sports Equipment for School
kid wearing a jacket
Marking Jackets for School
Woman Working Call Center
Finding Part-time Work
🎄