InspirationalBetter Living

Recipe For a Summer Day

• 1 large field
  • half a dozen children
  • 2 or 3 small dogs
  • A pinch of brook
  • and some pebbles

Directions:

Mix the children and dogs well together, put them on the field, stirring constantly. Pour the brook over the pebbles, sprinkle the field with flowers. Spread over all a deep blue sky and bake in the sun. When brown, set away to cool in the bathtub.

Source: I don't remember where this came from but it sure brings back some fond memories.

By Ellen from Taft, CA

That brings back great memories. Talking about walking through fields, I remember when my 2 sisters and I along with about 8 other neighbor hood children would pull our red flyer wagons through the field to the old country store to return the old glass coca cola soda bottles for deposit. We would save them up and take them to turn in for penny candy. Back then you did not have sweets alot so it was a real treat. I remember we would take forever looking at the penny candy's so we could make our money last longer for our sweet tooths. And the walk back was always so slow & drawn out with our enjoying our treats back home. Those were the days! Alot safer then, you sure can't do that now. Thanks for the memories :-)

Ingredients

Directions

Spread the flowers across the grassy field. Mix the children and dogs into the field, stirring constantly. Pour the brook over the pebbles. Top with deep blue sky. Bake in hot sun. Remove children from field. Cool in shallow water in bathtub.

By Terri H.