Cooking TipsFood Tips

Use Parchment Paper for Easy Cooking

Parchment paper works really well with cooking just about anything, and it doesn't dirty your pots and pans!

Take a chunk of parchment paper of the size of the food you want to cook (vegetables, meat, fruit desserts, fish, one in a bag meal, pretty much anything) and take the piece of parchment and crush it and crush it until it's more flexible.

Put the food into the middle, and tie the top of it, with leaving some air space in it. I've used string to tie the tops, long enough to keep it where I can get to it.

Then put the parchment bags into a pot of boiling water, cover, and turn down to simmer. Keep it cooking for as long as needed to cook the various things, usually what it takes most cooking times, some a little longer.

Vegetables are great with nothing but a little pat of butter to cook them inside the parchment. With using meat, I do throw those away, because I'm concerned about using meat with this again, but, the other ones wash very well, and can be used many times over and over, if it looks like it's starting to rip, then toss it. You have a very nice clean pot that you don't have to wash!

Source: I figured them out myself, just looking for creative ideas.

By Kas2 from Grand Rapids, MI

This is a great idea because i'm always looking for easy cleanup. I may try to freeze some dishes in the parchment too.