Cleaning a Cooking Oil Spritzer?

Category Miscellaneous
Using a cooking oil spritzer is convenient and allows you to choose the oil you use for cooking, but if it is not properly cleaned it may not work well. This is a page about cleaning a cooking oil spritzer.

I have a spritzer can that you pump to pressurize it to spray olive oil, etc. I opened it and tried to clean it and now it won't pressurize. Any hints? Thanks.

By Linda from Ashdown

Answers

You need a degreaser to clean it. Dawn dishwashing liquid is wonderful. I just fill it 2/3 with water and add just a squirt of Dawn. Recap and shake container. Let sit for about 15 minutes. Then spray so the oil comes through the nozzle. I do this once again with plain water. Let dry and refill. It works for me.

I also have an oil spritzer that you pump. My problem is it won't spray any longer; it just shoots a small stream. Maybe the same fix?

By Pam C

Home and Garden Cleaning MiscellaneousApril 5, 2013
🌻
📓
😎
🐛
😷
https://www.thriftyfun.com/Cleaning-a-Cooking-Oil-Spritzer.html