No Dairy Creamy Hot Garlic Sauce

This is my own recipe, I use it on everything! Good on potatoes, burritos and even to use to replace cheese in lasagna! Can also be used as a dip.

• 1 container of silken tofu (well drained)
  • 1 Tbsp Lemon Juice
  • 1/2 tsp. salt
  • 1/2 tsp. hot sauce (more or less depending on how much you want)
  • 3 garlic cloves
  • 2 Tbsp. oil

In a blender, blend everything but oil. When it's mixed, slowly pour oil into blender while it's running. Serve.

If you keep leftovers in the fridge, it might separate a little but just stir it and it will look good again :)

Source: this is my own recipe

By Lisa from Halifax NS

Thank you, Lisa! I have a severe dairy allergy, and this looks like a very easy, tasty cheese substitute. I'm excited that you said it works well in lasagna, too; many substitutions just don't manage to suffice for lasagna. I'm going to try it this weekend!

Note--this is also a great recipe for vegans, people who are trying to add soy to their diets for heart health, and even just plain cheapskates, as it looks like it will provide some nutritional benefits without increasing costs. (8 oz. of tofu in my local grocery stores costs about the same as a half pound of the least expensive mozzarella from my local discount market--Aldi).

Great share, Lisa! Thanks again!

If you are looking for more dairy substitutes there is a neat cookbook out there called The Uncheese Cookbook. Has TONS of recipes. I also make my own fake cheese sauce for macaroni and cheese, it's amazing!

Food and Recipes Recipes Dieting Dairy FreeApril 29, 2008
Peanut Sauce Recipes, Pork satay with peanut sauce dip.
Peanut Sauce Recipes
Garlic Chilli Sauce
Garlic Chilli Sauce Recipes
Woman with bad breath covering her mouth.
Getting Rid of Garlic Breath
Making Yogurt Without Milk
Making Yogurt Without Milk