Glue Design Paper Flowers
Use rubber cement to create unusual designs on paper flowers for spring. This technique also makes unique designs for note cards and other things.
Approximate Time: 20 - 30 minutes, plus drying time
- construction paper or card stock
- rubber cement
- acrylic paint
- paint brush
- Draw and cut a flower design from construction paper or card stock. For each tulip I used two colors, one for the blossom and one for the stem.
- Drizzle rubber cement over the surface of the flower blossom and allow the glue to dry. The glue will be hard, but tacky.
- Choose a color paint that is different from your paper color and paint over the surface of the blossom, covering the glue. Allow the paint to dry completely.
- Use your fingertips to rub the paint where you drizzled glue - the surface will be slightly raised, so it's not difficult to find.
- As you rub, you will remove the paint in the glued areas, as the glue peels off. This will create unique designs on each blossom.
- To finish each flower, glue the blossom to the stem.
By Marie from West Dundee, IL
June 27, 20090 found this helpful
Recommending this to Head Start, thanks!
Add your voice! Click below to comment. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!
In This Article
You are viewing the desktop version of this page: View Mobile Site
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by ThriftyFun
generated on October 21, 2016 at 1:35:06 AM on 10.0.2.101 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer
. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us