My Blending is Leaking

I just purchased an Oster 4125 beehive blender whose lid is loose fitting (seems like they all are). I love the milkshake spinner blade function, wouldn't give it up. It even froths soy milk. Yay!

The directions say to keep a hand firmly on the lid while blending, but this isn't helping the drips. The problem is that some of the liquid spatters out of the machine (I am using 1 c. liquid in a 5 c. blender cup).

Any suggestions?

Holly from Richardson, TX

How about using plastic wrap on the top and then holding the lid in place?

Cover the lid of the blender with a kitchen towel, AND keep your hand on the lid. It won't STOP the spatters, but it will "catch them".

The plastic wrap idea works for our gallon jars of milk. But why not take it back to where you bought it and explain the situation? See if they have one with a tight-fitting lid?

Bought it at a close out price, last one available in store.

Placing a dishtowel between the lid and the glass jar works, but is annoying. I am glad someone suggested it because this makes the item usable. I find that the square container froths with the milk shake blade more than the round container. So far, the round steel one isn't leaking nor spritzing all over the counter.

Keeps me away from Starbucks!

Food and Recipes Food Tips AdviceAugust 6, 2006
Homemade Wild Bird Food
Homemade Wild Bird Food
Refrigerator's Ice Maker
Refrigerator's Ice Maker Leaking Water
An open dishwasher full of clean dishes.
Fixing a Leaking Dishwasher
Peanut Butter
Peanut Whirl Cookies