Refrigerator Water Supply Line Leaking?

Category Refrigerator
Determining where it is leaking can help you figure out how to stop it. The line to the ice maker may be frozen allowing the water to spill over. This is a page about refrigerator water supply line leaking.

My refrigerator went out on me a few days ago, so I got rid of it. It had like some type of wire coil hook up in the back of it. The coil is still hooked up to a water line from my basement which leads to the kitchen where the refrigerator use to be. The water valve is shut off in the basement, but the coil still leaks water onto my kitchen floor, so I have a huge bucket catching the water. Can someone please tell me how to fix this?

Answers

Best Answer

Make sure the valve that shuts off the water to the refrigerator is shut off. The valve in the basement that you shut off may not be the right one. The leaking water may be residual water and may stop after all the water is emptied out.

My dishwasher valve went in April, and was leaking water. It only stopped after I shut off the valve under the sink. If this doesn't work, you may have to shut off the main until you get help.

I have a Fridgidaire model #frs22xgcb. It leaks water from the supply line at the back of the freezer when it cycles to fill the ice maker. Could it be frozen?

Answers

Best Answer

It could be. Unplug turn it off, clean it all out and give it about 6 hours then plug back in and turn it back on. Our old fridge used to quit making ice every so often, and it was because the line would freeze up.

Home and Garden Repair Appliances RefrigeratorJune 24, 2018
🐛
📓
😎
🌻
😷
https://www.thriftyfun.com/Refrigerator-Water-Supply-Line-Leaking-1.html