Lemon Trees Fruit is Being Eaten

I have a 3 year old lemon tree. It flowered beautifully and fruit formed. Now all the fruit seems to have been eaten and part of the branch has died. It is planted in clay soil, with goo run off and is watered regularly in hot weather.

Sue

Citrus usually take 4-5 years before they really fruit well. Sometimes birds will peck at the fruit, but rarely in my opinion.

Part of the branch dying can occur if the fruit are too heavy and the branch breaks.

I hang plastic bags or foil in my fruit trees to keep the critters from eating all of it, good luck.

Home and Garden Gardening Fruit TreesNovember 24, 2008
Closeup of Gray Squirrel
Keeping Squirrels Out of Fruit Trees
Lemon Squares on a plate with lemon slices.
Lemon Squares Recipes
Peach pits and fruit on white background.
Growing Peach Trees from Pits
Up close photo of a Mimosa tree.
Growing Mimosa Trees
🎉
🎄