You and children of any age can make these simple "igloos" with 1/2 of an apple (or orange), peanut butter (or marshmallow fluff) and mini marshmallows.
- 1/2 an apple (or orange)
- peanut butter (or marshmallow fluff)
- mini marshmallows
- mini paper plates
- plastic spoons
- paint shirts or aprons, and pretzel sticks
- Cover working surface with newspaper.
- Cut apple in half and cut out core (or peel orange and cut in half). Place the half piece of fruit on a mini paper plate. *At this time, an apron or paint shirt can be put on the child.
- With a spoon spread peanut butter or marshmallow fluff so that it completely covers the fruit.
- Stick mini marshmallows in a circle around the base of the fruit. Keep covering the fruit with mini marshmallows, moving up with each row completed.
When done, you have an igloo that is good enough to eat.
*Optional Step 5: Add a pretzel stick chimney or two to the igloo.
A very simple craft for even the youngest child.
April 5, 20060 found this helpful
That's a cool idea! I'll have to do that with my daycare kids, they'll love it.
Add your voice! Click below to comment. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!
In This Article
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by ThriftyFun
generated on August 18, 2016 at 9:50:39 PM on 10.0.0.194 in 1 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer
. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us