Use Terry Cloth Fabric

Skip ironing! Terry cloth is to be found everywhere, in all colors and patterns. Think 'outside the box' for uses for this great material, much appreciated because it requires no ironing.

What began as a large checked beach towel was recycled when I made a newspaper pattern, making the unstained, unworn portions into a round tablecloth. The scraps I was left with were cut into generous squares and are useful as cleaning rags. I've seen terrycloth material used to make curtains (or valances) for a casual or summer camp's windows. Hand hemming doesn't show in the cloth's dense pile and the 'care instructions' could not be simpler, just launder and dry!

Crafts SewingApril 17, 2007
Stack of Fabric Remnants
Crafts Using Fabric Remnants
Washable Wiping Squares
Reusable Toilet Paper (Cloth Wiping Squares)
Terrycloth Mop
Finding a Terrycloth Mop
stack of towels
Making a Jacket from Towels