Making Terry Cloth Potholders

Category Sewing
Terry cloth is a good fabric choice for making your own potholders. It is inexpensive to buy and easy to clean. This is a guide about making terry cloth potholders.

I have been looking for a pot holder pattern my grandmother had and I haven't been able to find it. I remember it was made out of terry cloth, maybe washcloths, and it folded like a book. It might have been shaped like a star. Does any one have any suggestions where to look? Thanks.

By jill

Answers

the ones youre talking about sound similar to ones my mom had. Its four sided but folds flat. Each face is bordered with a crochet trim. Which also was used to see the layers together. I inherited them years ago and still use them. I was searching for a pattern to make new ones but couldnt find one so may try to create something myself.