Making Use of Eucalyptus Leaves

Doesn't eucalyptus leaves make good medicine; or any thrifty ideas? I just trimmed my tree branches and they do smell good; and I do know they are good for something. Please help me make use of them.

Thanks
Gail from AZ

Would you be able to put them in a chest drawer to add scent to the clothes/ towels/ etc?

I don't know if they are able to be ground and put in a spray bottle or if you could simmer them on a stove to let the smell out more.... Let us know if any of those are useful.

http://www.frugalforlife.com

The fragrant wood is wonderful for the log fire.

The leaves burnt to help ignite the wood barbee (bbq) set the authentic smell.

You can bind the leaves together with hemp into large cigar shapes (Cheech & Chong size) to use as smudge sticks for cleansing away negative energies. DON'T SMOKE IT THO!!! lol You'd pass out from smoke inhalation & it doesn't have a buzz!!

You can also use dried pressed leaves as book marks if your carefully cover them with clear contact.

Good Luck to YOU,

Love, Light & Peace

Rainforest Recluse

I have a large eucalyptus tree at my entry door, thinking all who entered would get a good whiff of the nice smell which the cut branches and leaves produce, and not notice my not always so clean & not so smelling good house. Didn't work unless the branches had been cut that day and laying just at the doorway. I had also purchased arrangements in the past with great smelling dried eucalyptus branches which produced 'the fragrance' well over a year.

The trick, I read somewhere a long time ago, involves glycerine and food color. As you've probably seen, the dried branches we cut and stick in a vase, just turn brown and smell like dead leaves of anything, might as well cut & dry kudzu! Good luck!

Oh yeah, I also remember reading that while boiling the leaves, you can steam bathe to clear a stuffy nose, not too close though...youch!

Try this: take a few sprigs and tie them together, hang over your shower head, the steam will make the leaves smell wonderful, also good for decongesting your nose if you have a cold!

Living in CA we would get the leaves and

place in an old pillowcase and then doggie

would have a great place with nice smell.

Also we used the balls from the tree with twine

and make doggie necklaces for all doggies we knew.

I heard it helped with fleas. Our dog did not have flea probs and he was outside.

made tea with the leaves increased my appetite for food and relieved a congested chesty cough

I my self have been looking for Eucalyptus leaves and branches for my parakeets in their indoor aviary. Would you be interested in selling any?

Contact me at psalms3115 AT ymail.com if your interested in selling some. Joanna

Hi I would be interested in selling eucalyptus

You can sew a small doll and stuff the dried out or even fresh leaves into it and put it under your pillow to ward away illness and keep you healthy. It smells amazing.

For bronchitis, put leaves in a pot and boil, then reduce to simmer. With a towel over your head, put your head over the pot (not too close and breath in for about 15 minutes. Do this three or four times a day. The humid, hot air apparently breaks up mucus in the lungs.

When I lived in Southern California there was a horrible issue with cockroaches. Those nasty bugs infested everything. I hated those bugs, I had a small baby and I did not want them anywhere near him.

One day I picked up Landon's sippy cup and doggone if there wasn't a roach on his little cup. I was devastated. Then a friend suggested placing Eucalyptus under furniture. I did put it everywhere and I swear it worked for me.

If you have any, and I mean any problem with any pests from cockroaches, ants, bedbugs etc. etc to problems with intestinal pests such as pinworms, tapeworms etc. etc. use "Fresh Water Diatomaceous Earth....DE". It will kill any house pest with an exoskeleton and also kill any and all intestinal parasites

. For your house just sprinkle it around any area where you have the problem. You can also put some DE in your flour, dried foods such as rice and beans to prevent an infestation.

For intestinal parasites mix the DE in with food or beverage and consume at least one heaping teaspoon three time a day. The only side-effects are all positive such as clearing up acne, fine wrinkles, harden nails, plus many other positive health issues such as lowering cholesterol and high blood pressure.

Please research Diatomaceous Earth for all the usefulness it offers which is amazing and like my own Doctor who asked me what it was , I told him-'it's something you'll be taking yourself after you do your own research on it.

For the past few years I been ingesting 14 grams a day and all my lab work has vastly improved.

My Dr. after nearly as long as I've been using it states that his cholesterol and BP have significantly lowered.

As far as my ant problems that we have in the building I live in which has four apartments, my apartment hasn't been sprayed for bugs for over three years, yet the other three apartments get sprayed at least three times a year..

Look diatomaceous earth up yourself and you'll be amazed at all the uses this substance has and most likely you'll start using it yourself. Another great thing about it is it's very inexpensive. A 10# box of it is about $20 or $2/pound.

Well I would say sell them since I just received my leaves in the mail that I bought from someone in CA. =) If you don't want to sell them you can always send them to me....hint, hint. hehe

If you have persian rugs or and real wool rug put few leaves under the rug. Will never have moth problems. You can als put some leaves in cotton bag and place it in your closet between wool or cashemier cloths.

Make Your Own CosmeticsSeptember 4, 2005
Eucalyptus Branches
Starting Eucalyptus from a Cutting
Dogwood tree in spring.
Leaves Turning Brown on Dogwood Tree
Eucalyptus Branch
Preserving Eucalyptus Branches
Trumpet Vine Losing Leaves
Trumpet Vine Losing Leaves
🎄