Using Candy Melts on a Cake - Categories:

CakesBaking

Using Candy Melts on a Cake

I would like to use the candy melts to cover a cake. What can I add to the melts to keep them from hardening so much? I need them to dry so they won't stick to your hands while eating the cake.

Marie

Answers

Over a double boiler, melt 1 part candy melts and mix with 1/2-1 part heavy cream to make a ganache. Slightly cool until spreadable. You can also do this with chocolate chips and heavy cream.

August 7, 2011 Flag

I'm unable to get the Wilton melts thin enough to dip cake pops or to use as a drizzle. What is the trick to this?

By Vanessa S from Vancouver, WA

Answer This QuestionWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

I'm getting ready to do these myself. Someone told me to thin it with a little Crisco.

Use parafin wax shavings. I have made home made chocolates for years and this is best solution. Good Luck

I just got a recipe for chocolate-covered cake pops, and it called for 2 Tablsp. of shortening to be melted with the candy melts for thinning. (I've made the pops without the shortening, and the mixture was way too thick to work properly; I'll try it with the shortening next time.)

Food and Recipes Food Tips Baking CakesFebruary 4, 2009
Yellow cake with chocolate frosting.
Homemade Yellow Cake Recipes
Pretzel Pumpkins
Making Pretzel Pumpkins
Vanilla cake with filling and vanilla frosting.
Vanilla Cake Recipes
Making a boxed cake mix.
Baking a Cake With Boxed Cake Mix
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on August 29, 2016 at 10:13:10 PM on 10.0.1.215 in 1 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.