Store Plastic Bags in a Garment Bag

I converted an old garment bag into a plastic bag holder. I put a clothes hanger in the hole of the garment bag and hung it on a hook in my garage. I zipped it up about half way and crammed all my plastic bags in it. The more bags I get the further up I'll need to zip it.

By txbetty from Lubbock

Why do you need and keep so many bags at a time?

solus asked why I need and keep so many bags. Use to pick up dog poop in the yard, use some for food scraps like meat bones (throw this stuff out every day because it will stink) other trash goes in the big trash can that's emptied about once a week. Use some for the paper from the shredder. Use some for muddy shoes, give some to the thrift stores. Use some when I give things away at Freecycle. The smaller ones I line my smaller trash cans in the bathroom and larger ones line the can in the kitchen. It's really not a matter of how many I accumulate it's how I store them to get them off the garage floor. Most of the time I take my cloth bags when shopping but oftentimes I forget. I'm actually not a "pack rat". Hope this answers solus's question.

3

Good answer TXBetty! LOL I was kind of curious too, but I didn't think you were a pack rat. I tend to forget my cloth bags too, and the plastic bags accumulate very quickly. I'm always returning them to Walmart to be recycled, but also keep a bunch for various uses like "stinky" trash and cat litter. I also reuse most of the plastic bags that newspapers come in.

Organizing Plastic Bags, A blue plastic grocery bag.
Organizing Plastic Bags
Organizing Garbage and RecyclingDecember 18, 2010
Two soldiers photographed fighting in WW II.
Did They Have Plastic Bags in WW II?
different sized bag footballs
Folding Plastic Grocery Bags
Jeans purse. Making a bootie bag from jeans.
Making a Bootie Bag from Jeans
A empty tissue box being reused to store plastic bags.
Store Plastic Bags in a Tissue Box
🐰
🍀
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on February 24, 2017 at 4:03:01 AM on 10.0.2.145 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.