Board Game Purses

I was recently at a craft fair and there was a booth selling really awesome handmade purses made from hardcover books and gameboards (Scrabble, Monopoly, etc.). Since they were way too expensive for my college student budget, I was wondering if anyone on this site has any information about how I could make book a gameboard purses myself. If you have any idea, let me know!

Thanks.

Best Answer

I have never made a gameboard purse but I make book purses as part of my company called Artfully Altered where everything I make is from something repurposed. Just by removing the pages and measuring a piece of fabric to go on each end (the size of the fabric will determine how wide your purse will open) lining the inside with fabric and adding whatever kind of handle you want you can make a very simple book purse. After that its up to you how you'd like to switch it up or embellish it.

Here are instructions for a book purse

http://www.hgtv.com/hgtv/cr_accesso ... cle/0,1789,HGTV_3227_3661732,00.html

I'd imagine you could adapt these instructions for a game board by cutting the board to roughly the size of book covers and a spine and taping them together with colored duct tape or (even better) gaffer's tape.

And this forum contains instructions and picture of *tons* of purses and bags made from a myriad of materials

http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?board=76.0

Have fun! I have lots of new projects to try after browsing there for an hour!

Oh, boy! I'm going to try this. Lilygloves, thanx for the info.

TerryfromChilliOH

Check out rebound-designs.com she makes awesome literary purses.

Game Board Purse
Making a Game Board Purse
Crafts Recycled CraftsSeptember 6, 2005
Over the Door Ironing Board
Using an Over the Door Ironing Board
Pink Purse on White Background
Repairing Purses
Marbles
Making a Cards and Marbles Board Game
Bulletin Board
Making a Bulletin Board
🎄