Recycle Jeans As A Planter

Just a idea I had some time ago to dress up my old jeans. Fill up the legs with pipe and put some boots on. Put a potted plant in the top and put it than on a old stepladder.

By Sara from Australia

Recycled Jeans Planter
Showing: Comments Sort: Relevance

Super cute idea! Bet people look when they pass by!

I have used old jeans for a similar project. I made a jute rope belt to use as hanger. Fashion a large pot to fit the waist. Use wire to hold in place by drill holes into pot to waist band. Stuff the legs with plastic bags to fill with soil. cut holes in legs to use for seeds or big enough for a small pot or plant. Make sure the bottom of legs are tied or sewn, or fit on an old pair of boots use pockets to hold plants too Hang in tree or fence. If you hang it so the legs look like they are hanging as someone stuck in tree or over fence it brings a smile.

ewwww, it looks like a cut in half body!

We saw two (a man and a lady) made like this sitting on a bench with flowers on the top when in the Netherlands. They really attracted our attention. I think they are neat:)

Harriet

That sure would make me look twice when I passed by!

I Loved the idea--thanks for sharing it with us- I had to go out and make it right away--heres my plant holder.

Somehow, I find myself wishing that it had a top half and flowers for hair, or something. Please keep going and stuff a shirt for it?

Add your voice! Click below to comment on this post or add your answer to this question. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom.

Recycled Jeans Flower Pot
Recycled Jeans Planters
Crafts Garden & Yard PlantersMay 16, 2008
Laptop bag made from several pairs of jeans with a crocheted handle.
Making a Laptop Bag from Jeans
Geraniums in old wheelbarrow planter.
Making a Wheelbarrow Planter
Stack of Jeans
Saving Money on Jeans
Recycled wooden chair planter.
Making a Chair Planter
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on June 26, 2016 at 1:08:42 AM on 10.0.0.75 in 471 msecs. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.