Wild Canadian Ducks

Hello from Canada!

Every summer I bicycle to our local river to see the wild ducks. These ducks have learned to trust the citizens of Laval West and vice versa, especially if we bring bread crumbs. I enjoy their feathered company tremendously and I've taken many good pictures of my friendly friends while they practice flight formations and flying drills for the long and dangerous journey across your United States.

Dear potential hunters, please put down your rifles and pick up cameras. Don't shoot our Ducks! Besides, with so much polluted water, you never know what you will be eating!

By Joseph from Laval West, Laval, Quebec, Canada.

I agree, your ducks are beautiful. I am about 50 miles from Atlanta, Georgia and love seeing the ducks fly in the fall and spring. I love hearing their voices sing in the wind also. Such beautiful creatures. We have several small ponds around here, and they will usually stop for a drink, maybe an overnight stay and then off they go. Thank you for sharing your photo.

Way to go Joseph! I'm a long way from you (in Australia) but my brother is a Canadian citizen. I too appeal to people not to shoot at the ducks. We have duck hunt season here each year, and the anti shooting protests are strong. Beautiful birds, and they deserve to live.

Mallard Duck
Wild Duck Information and Photos
Photos WildlifeAugust 21, 2008
duck nest
Ducks Not Sitting on Eggs
Stew cooking in a stainless steel pan.
Duck Stew Recipes
Holding a baby duck in hands.
Raising Ducks as Pets
Raising Runner Ducks
Raising Runner Ducks
🎉
🎄