Wild Duck Information and Photos

Category Wildlife
These beautiful birds love the water, and can be found in wide variety of aquatic environments. This is a guide about wild duck information and photos.

Photos

Share on ThriftyFunCheck out these photos. Click at right to share your own photo in this guide.

Photo Description
This photo is of a momma red-headed wood duck with her 10 babies taking a rest on a log right in front of my deck. What a beautiful sight to start the day. The river flows right through our front yard and we see lots of geese and other critters including a beaver.

Photo Location
We live in Chiloquin on the Wiliamson River in southern Oregon.

Comment Pin it! Like this photo? 17

We were visiting Lake Lure, a placid lake nearby, with a marina and many tourist attractions. I suddenly looked to my left and noticed how magical these ducks looked, swimming over the water right as the setting sun cast its reflection. It looks as if the ducks are swimming over the sun! The ripples their swimming bodies make add even more magic to the effect. I quickly asked Jim to take the photo - glad it came out!

By Alicia C A. from Marshall, NC

Ducks swimming in reflection of the sun on the lake.

Comment Pin it! Like this photo? 13

Photo Description
I visited a local bird park, and it goes without saying, my camera went along. It was such a calm and relaxing day. This swan on the pond captured the mood of the day. A great way to spend a Sunday afternoon!

Photo Location
Bester Animal and Bird Park, Pretoria

Comment Pin it! Like this photo? 4

While walking along the water in the park, I noticed a male wood duck with young. I got a couple of pictures before it took off, lucky to catch in flight.

Comment Pin it! Like this photo? 14

Taken in the parking lot at Fisherman's Village

Comment Pin it! Like this photo? 27

I took a walk around the lake, and came across momma and poppa duck. They were just chillin' on the boat dock.

Comment Pin it! Like this photo? 25

I took this picture in July at East Lynn Lake in Wayne County, West Virginia. This was our children's first camping trip. They loved the ducks and geese.

Comment Pin it! Like this photo? 4

Hello from Canada! Every summer I bicycle to our local river to see the wild ducks. These ducks have learned to trust the citizens of Laval West and vice versa, especially if we bring bread crumbs.

Comment Pin it! Like this photo? Yes