Duck Stew Recipes
- 400g duck, chopped into fairly big pieces (about 1 pound)
- 1/2 tsp light soy sauce
- dash of pepper
- dash of Chinese five spice powder
- pinch of salt
- 1/2 tsp dark soy sauce
- 100g shelled dried chestnuts (about 1/4 pound)
- 12 pieces dried black mushrooms, soaked
- 12 pieces button mushrooms
- 2 tbsp oil
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- cooking wine
- 1 Tbsp oyster sauce
- 1 tsp. light soy sauce
- 1 tsp. sugar
- 1/4 tsp. pepper
- 1/2 tsp. chicken stock granules
- 500ml water
Season duck for at least 30 minutes. Boil chestnuts for l0 minutes and drain well. Deep-fry chestnuts for two to three minutes. Drain. Reheat oil and deep-fry duck pieces until golden brown.
Heat claypot with oil and sesame oil and lightly brown ginger and garlic until fragrant. Put in soya bean paste and fry until fragrant. Add cooking wine. Add duck pieces and chestnuts. Toss until they are well coated with ingredients.
Pour in sauce ingredients. Bring to a boil, then lower heat and simmer for one and a half hours. Add both types of mushrooms and simmer for 15-20 minutes or until duck is tender and gravy thickens.
WC Chow from Malaysia
Published by ThriftyFun.
© 1997-2020 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved.