Save Blog Entries Before Posting

It's frustrating to craft a word work of art, "post"'s gone. I have another blog that did that about once a week, and it drove me crazy! So I did something about it. I now compose my lengthy thoughts in Word - included for free in most Windows operating systems - then cut/paste them into the Blog entry window. This way, if it disappears, fine. I can always cut/paste it again from my Word file. I save them a week at a time, then start a new file, using the date as the title. This way, I know what I've already blathered about it. Cut/Paste is easy. With your mouse, click to the very top of what you want to transfer. Holding the left mouse button down, "highlight" what you want to share by dragging the mouse over it. Control C (hit control and c at the same time) will copy it to a sort of invisible clipboard. Position your cursor where you want the text to go, and hit Control V. That will paste it to the new space, like your blog text entry space. Then hit "post" knowing you have a backup, just in case. Hope this helps ! Source: Just my way of dealing with a very temperamental website provider. By Dorrie from Norman OK

Excellent post!

I just started doing this religiously. I mean, like yesterday. For the same reason, or if the site/form "timed out". How many times have I pulled out my hair?!?

It might be taken for granted with lots of folks, but I've just learned that a "wireless router" isn't a new tech woodworking tool.

Grins, JE

Hi, I'm a reformed mouse-a-holic: I was forced to re-learn all the keyboard commands when an untimely encounter with a drunk driver in February 2003 left me visually impaired. I now use a screen-reader program to access my computer.

To make a long story short, I have an alternate way to highlight your entire document very quickly: Press Control plus A. This would be a great timesaver, especially if your blog is kinda long.

And of course I know you regularly back up all your important stuff to an external drive (like a "flash" or "thumbnail" drive.)

Computers Internet TipsJanuary 6, 2009
red, blue, and yellow prize ribbons
Winning Craft Entries At The State Fair
Woman holding a box for a garage sale
Posting Your Garage Sale on Craigslist
Starting a Blog
Family playing games.
Posting House Rules