Crafts Made from Empty Peanut Butter Jars

I was wondering if any crafty people out there have any ideas on crafts made from empty peanut butter jars.

luv2craft

Showing: Answers Sort: Relevance

One Christmas I used them to make gifts of homemade cinnamon candy. I handpainted a Christmas decoration on it, cut a circle of Christmas print material about 2" larger than the top . used a dab of hot glue to hold it on and tied it up with a ribbon and a tag saying "Merry Christmas from my house to yours." Another cute thing to do with them is to paint a decoration on them. Spray on a clear coat to keep the paint from scratching and purchase a 50 cent votive cup (from the Dollar store) which will sit on the ledge of the jar and a candle.These are both very inexpensive but cute little gifts.

I use my old peanut butter jars after I take the labels off and add my own and fill them with homemade bath salts,coffee mixes or spice mixes, etc... to give as gifts.Hope this helps.

You could put colored sand in them, and put a candle in it, wrap a bow around the top edge and paint pictures on the side, or decupage cut out pictures on the sides. You could also put scented things inside and put in your closet to keep it fresh smelling. You could also do a search as I did and type in "recycled crafts" I found a ton of ideas.

Once their cleaned up, you can decorate the outside & top and use as storage containers for a variety of things: buttons, nail, screws, etc.... I've also seen the lids secured to the bottom side of a shelf and the jar twist on and off. Great for hiding the stuff away, put still being able to see what it is and where it is.

I like using empty pnb jars for freezer jam

Add your voice! Click below to comment on this post or add your answer to this question. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom.

Crafts Recycled CraftsMay 3, 2005
Pickle Jar Candy Jars
Reusing Pickle Jars
Jar of peanut butter surrounded by peanuts.
Homemade Peanut Butter Recipes
Peanut Butter Brownies
Peanut Butter Brownies Recipes
Peanut butter jar and spoon.
Frozen Peanut Butter Cup Recipes
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on June 21, 2016 at 8:57:40 AM on 10.0.0.5 in 764 msecs. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.