How Long Does an Exterior House Paint Job Last?

On average, how many years should the exterior house paint last? I have someone who will paint my house for $1,800 and it's been 16 yrs since the last paint job. But, to look at it, it only has the rust-colored stains on the bottom 18 inches of the stucco. The paint still "looks" OK. I need some advice, please.

By Judy from Riverside, CA

Hi - have you thought about having it washed before deciding? I had my house washed and did not need to paint. You may need special cleaner for the rust spots.

There are handymen in my area that do the housewashing - just be sure they are licensed and not a "here today and gone tomorrow" with your money!

Washing is not cheap either. This $1,800 is good price Does that include paint? Here's the thing you see it everyday, so to you it still good. But as the years go by the paint endures a lot of wear and tear. Heat,(Fading in sun)cold and rain. The painters will or should caulk everything which your house needs. All your caulk by now needs replacing. This will save energy cheaper fuel cost for you. I have painted and caulked my house twice in 21 years. Splurge and change the color. Take the plunge. It will be a new house.

A man painting his house.
Painting the Exterior of Your House
Home and Garden Home Improvement PaintingAugust 15, 2010
dried spices
How Long Do Dried Herbs and Spices Last?
woman wearing nylons
Making Nylons Last Longer
Red Exterior Door
Paint Color Ideas for Exterior Door
bottle of super glue
Removing Super Glue from a Car's Exterior
🎄