Simple Shelf to Organize Shoes

An easy project with three pieces of wood can help organize that pile of shoes at the bottom of your closet. My darling husband constructed this simple shelf, at my request, and his shoes and boots are manageable and tidy. I asked him to make one for my closet too.

Simply cut a long piece that will fit in your closet and two more about 8 inches high. Screw the two small ones at either end of the long one so that you can store shoes underneath the shelf and shoes or boots on top of the shelf. Simple project that made a big difference for us!

By Peggy G. from Yulan, NY

I had tried to add photos when I posted this. Maybe I can add them now.

Love it!

July 26, 2012 Flag

I had an old book shelf I wasn't using so I decided to use it for the kids shoes instead. It's much easier to find them now.

By coville123 from Brockville, Ontario

Not just for kids! I have one in my closet also. It holds my shoes but one shelf holds some of my wash cloths and towels. Never discard a good bookcase; you can always find a purpose for it other than books.

Shoes that are oranized on a shelf.
Organizing Shoes
Organizing ClosetApril 13, 2009
Trying on New Shoes
Breaking in New Shoes
Polishing Leather Shoes
Polishing Leather Shoes
Dirty tennis shoes.
Cleaning Tennis Shoes
Man Repairing a Shoe
Repairing Shoes
🎉
🎄