Dish Soap Bottle Dolls

Recycled dish soap bottle dolls are a popular craft project for gifts and around the holidays. This is a guide about making Ivory dish soap bottle dolls.

January 16, 2008 Flag

Do the dishes with a smile! Make one of these unique "dish dollies" to put next to your kitchen sink. This is a great way to turn odd bits of fabric, trim, beads and other craft supplies into a useful and unique hostess or bridal shower gift, too. Best of all, the dish dollies are refillable, so your creativity can be enjoyed for months to come.

Approximate Time: 45 minutes

Supplies

Instructions

Cut piece of fabric large enough to make bottom half of apron "dress." Denim from old jeans, pretty florals and cheerful stripes all make good choices - separately or together. Trim if needed and glue into place directly on bottle. Next, cut separate piece for bib top and glue into place. Glue a strip or two of lace, beads or ribbon around middle for "belt," leaving enough to tie in back of bottle. Embellish with beads, rhinestones, buttons or charms. Tip: Don't glue anything around top of bottle cap; you'll need to remove this periodically to refill.

By Claire from Phoenix, AZ

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

GREAT IDEA!

I'm gonna get doing one of these tonight, I've just come back from shopping and have bought a cheap washing up liquid. This way no one knows that you are using the cheap brands!

January 9, 2017 Flag

Soap Bottle Apron 1

CommentPin It!Was this helpful?Helpful? Yes

This is a guide about making a dish soap bottle apron. This cute little apron makes a plain bottle of dish soap decorative. It makes a nice gift as well.

October 31, 2014 Flag

Where can you buy the Santa heads?

By Kathy

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

FDC.com has them for $2.99 each. You can also find them on Amazon.com They are heads and hands. 6 sets for about $18.00

Harlean from Arkansas

March 3, 2016 Flag

Is there a pattern for the Mr. and Mrs. Santa made from dish soap bottles and where can I purchase it?

Thanks.

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

May 26, 2011 Flag

I have been looking for a pattern for Mr. and Mrs. Santa Claus on Ivory dish soap bottles and cannot find it. Do you know where I can find this pattern? They have Styrofoam heads and plastic hands, but the bodies are the Ivory soap bottle. Help.

By V Keating

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

I just bought the book with all of the Ivory soap bottle dolls patterns. Now it's impossible to find the faces, hands. Do you know where you can get the faces and hands? I'll share my patterns with you if we can find them.

I may be able to find the hands and faces if you would like to share your pattern please going to look today for them

January 5, 2013 Flag

Does anyone know how I could obtain patterns for any of the Ivory Liquid soap bottle dolls? Any help will be greatly appreciated.

By qsuzie

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

I googled ivory soap bottle dolls and got this.

https://www.goo  1024&bih=677

good luck!

November 8, 2011 Flag

I am still looking for the pattern for Mr. and Mrs. Santa dolls made with Ivory Soap bottles. Can someone tell me where I can obtain it or the name of a book that contains the pattern for all the Ivory Soap bottle dolls. Thank you.

Joyce

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

I saw one on ebay and it looks like you buy the doll head top and add it to the bottle. Then buy arms and legs. Either make a Santa suite or buy one and dress it. I have searched and searched and can't find anything.

March 9, 2012 Flag

Does anyone have a pattern for a kitchen doll made from old Ivory dish soap bottles?

By Stephaine

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

April 9, 2010 Flag

I am looking for a free pattern for Mr. and Mrs. Santa made from Ivory soap bottles.

By Erma from Las Vegas, NV

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

April 9, 2010 Flag

How do I obtain a pattern for the Ivory Liquid bottle Mr. and Mrs. Santa? This pattern, I believe, is from the 60s.

By Joyce from Chicago, IL

Answers:

Ivory Soap Bottle Dolls

I've enlarged the picture. (11/30/2009)

By disciple1fan

RE: Ivory Soap Bottle Dolls

Ivory Soap Bottle Dolls

You may try to inquire through your local newspaper. (Major newspaper). The larger cities used to have craft columns where you would send in self stamped envelopes to receive instructions or even recipes. (12/20/2009)

By kchenez

Ivory Soap Bottle Dolls

I have patterns for different dolls made from ivory soap bottles including the ones your requesting and will share the patterns and also have 2 tubs full of these dolls ready to be dressed for sale cause I'm moving and can't take them with me. I will send you pictures if you like and you can let me know. Thanks.

Judy (02/16/2010)

By judyscrafts

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

I would like to have a copy of the pattern. Made some several years ago and have misplaced them in my divorce. Thanks Onetta Fulgham

November 29, 2009 Flag

Back in the late 60s or early 70s I used to make dolls from Ivory soap bottles. The heads and hands were vinyl and you actually made clothes. The dolls that we made the most were Mr. and Mrs. Claus. The clothes were made from velvet, with whatever accessories you wanted to add.

Also, I had a pattern for a Betsy Ross door stop doll and it was made from a 2 liter soda pop bottle. Has anyone heard of these? I would love to get the patterns again to make for my granddaughters.

Jo from Decaturville, TN

Answers:

Ivory Soap Bottle Dolls

My grandmother made these as well. I'm wondering if your local librarian might be able to help you. Libraries and borrow books from across the country, maybe they can find something that will help.
You might also want to check out Michael's, in their doll making aisle. They have the doll parts, they might also have books with the patterns. (02/15/2006)

By Laura

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes
Crafts Recycled Crafts DecorApril 24, 2012
Hand washing shower wall
Removing Soap Scum from Shower Doors
Granville House Doll
Finding the Value of Granville House Dolls
Soap Bottle Apron 1
Making a Dish Soap Bottle Apron
Neatly Wrapped Homemade Soap
Packaging Homemade Soap for Sale
🐰
🍀
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on February 21, 2017 at 11:16:28 PM on 10.0.2.237 in 3 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.