Browsing: Dish Soap Bottle Dolls

Share a SolutionAsk a Question

Dish Soap Bottle Dolls

Recycled dish soap bottle dolls are a popular craft project for gifts and around the holidays. This is a guide about making Ivory dish soap bottle dolls.

Dish Soap Bottle Dolls
Filter: All Articles Sort: Relevance

January 16, 2008 Flag

Do the dishes with a smile! Make one of these unique "dish dollies" to put next to your kitchen sink. This is a great way to turn odd bits of fabric, trim, beads and other craft supplies into a useful and unique hostess or bridal shower gift, too.

dish soap bottle dolly

October 31, 2014 Flag

Where can you buy the Santa heads?

By Kathy

Answer This QuestionWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

FDC.com has them for $2.99 each. You can also find them on Amazon.com They are heads and hands. 6 sets for about $18.00

Harlean from Arkansas

May 26, 2011 Flag

I have been looking for a pattern for Mr. and Mrs. Santa Claus on Ivory dish soap bottles and cannot find it. Do you know where I can find this pattern? They have Styrofoam heads and plastic hands, but the bodies are the Ivory soap bottle. Help.

By V Keating

I just bought the book with all of the Ivory soap bottle dolls patterns. Now it's impossible to find the faces, hands. Do you know where you can get the faces and hands? I'll share my patterns with you if we can find them.

I may be able to find the hands and faces if you would like to share your pattern please going to look today for them

November 21, 2011 Flag

This dish soap bottle apron is very simple to make. You can use any color combinations that you want. I like making these for my friends and family around the holidays. I make them for Christmas as they are very affordable to make.

Soap Bottle Apron 2

January 5, 2013 Flag

Does anyone know how I could obtain patterns for any of the Ivory Liquid soap bottle dolls? Any help will be greatly appreciated.

By qsuzie

I googled ivory soap bottle dolls and got this.

https://www.google.com/search?q=ivo ... 0CAYQ_AUoAA&biw=1024&bih=677

good luck!

November 8, 2011 Flag

I am still looking for the pattern for Mr. and Mrs. Santa dolls made with Ivory Soap bottles. Can someone tell me where I can obtain it or the name of a book that contains the pattern for all the Ivory Soap bottle dolls. Thank you.

Joyce

I saw one on ebay and it looks like you buy the doll head top and add it to the bottle. Then buy arms and legs. Either make a Santa suite or buy one and dress it. I have searched and searched and can't find anything.

April 9, 2010 Flag

How do I obtain a pattern for the Ivory Liquid bottle Mr. and Mrs. Santa? This pattern, I believe, is from the 60s.

By Joyce from Chicago, IL

Answers:

Ivory Soap Bottle Dolls

I've enlarged the picture. (11/30/2009)

By disciple1fan

RE: Ivory Soap Bottle Dolls

Ivory Soap Bottle Dolls

You may try to inquire through your local newspaper. (Major newspaper). The larger cities used to have craft columns where you would send in self stamped envelopes to receive instructions or even recipes. (12/20/2009)

By kchenez

Ivory Soap Bottle Dolls

I have patterns for different dolls made from ivory soap bottles including the ones your requesting and will share the patterns and also have 2 tubs full of these dolls ready to be dressed for sale cause I'm moving and can't take them with me. I will send you pictures if you like and you can let me know. Thanks.

Judy (02/16/2010)

By judyscrafts

November 29, 2009 Flag

Back in the late 60s or early 70s I used to make dolls from Ivory soap bottles. The heads and hands were vinyl and you actually made clothes. The dolls that we made the most were Mr. and Mrs. Claus. The clothes were made from velvet, with whatever accessories you wanted to add.

Also, I had a pattern for a Betsy Ross door stop doll and it was made from a 2 liter soda pop bottle. Has anyone heard of these? I would love to get the patterns again to make for my granddaughters.

Jo from Decaturville, TN

Answers:

Ivory Soap Bottle Dolls

My grandmother made these as well. I'm wondering if your local librarian might be able to help you. Libraries and borrow books from across the country, maybe they can find something that will help.
You might also want to check out Michael's, in their doll making aisle. They have the doll parts, they might also have books with the patterns. (02/15/2006)

By Laura

Crafts Recycled Crafts DecorApril 24, 2012
Hand washing shower wall
Removing Soap Scum from Shower Doors
Angel made from a recycled green pop bottle.
Making a Pop Bottle Angel
Granville House Doll
Finding the Value of Granville House Dolls
Neatly Wrapped Homemade Soap
Packaging Homemade Soap for Sale
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on August 30, 2016 at 4:17:19 AM on 10.0.0.71 in 3 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.