Dish Soap Bottle Dolls

Recycled dish soap bottle dolls are a popular craft project for gifts and around the holidays. This is a guide about making Ivory dish soap bottle dolls.

January 16, 2008 Flag

Do the dishes with a smile! Make one of these unique "dish dollies" to put next to your kitchen sink. This is a great way to turn odd bits of fabric, trim, beads and other craft supplies into a useful and unique hostess or bridal shower gift, too. Best of all, the dish dollies are refillable, so your creativity can be enjoyed for months to come.

Approximate Time: 45 minutes

Supplies

Instructions

Cut piece of fabric large enough to make bottom half of apron "dress." Denim from old jeans, pretty florals and cheerful stripes all make good choices - separately or together. Trim if needed and glue into place directly on bottle. Next, cut separate piece for bib top and glue into place. Glue a strip or two of lace, beads or ribbon around middle for "belt," leaving enough to tie in back of bottle. Embellish with beads, rhinestones, buttons or charms. Tip: Don't glue anything around top of bottle cap; you'll need to remove this periodically to refill.

By Claire from Phoenix, AZ

Very, very cute idea!

I think this is one of the cutest things I have seen in a long while, and the price for making it is "great"! Thanks for sharing with all of us. deb

I LOVE THIS ,Thank you for the idea ...

What a cute idea. I am going to try it.

GREAT IDEA!

I'm gonna get doing one of these tonight, I've just come back from shopping and have bought a cheap washing up liquid. This way no one knows that you are using the cheap brands!

November 21, 2011 Flag

This dish soap bottle apron is very simple to make. You can use any color combinations that you want. I like making these for my friends and family around the holidays. I make them for Christmas as they are very affordable to make.

Soap Bottle Apron 2

October 31, 2014 Flag

Where can you buy the Santa heads?

By Kathy

Answer This QuestionWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

FDC.com has them for $2.99 each. You can also find them on Amazon.com They are heads and hands. 6 sets for about $18.00

Harlean from Arkansas

May 26, 2011 Flag

I have been looking for a pattern for Mr. and Mrs. Santa Claus on Ivory dish soap bottles and cannot find it. Do you know where I can find this pattern? They have Styrofoam heads and plastic hands, but the bodies are the Ivory soap bottle. Help.

By V Keating

I just bought the book with all of the Ivory soap bottle dolls patterns. Now it's impossible to find the faces, hands. Do you know where you can get the faces and hands? I'll share my patterns with you if we can find them.

I may be able to find the hands and faces if you would like to share your pattern please going to look today for them

January 5, 2013 Flag

Does anyone know how I could obtain patterns for any of the Ivory Liquid soap bottle dolls? Any help will be greatly appreciated.

By qsuzie

I googled ivory soap bottle dolls and got this.

https://www.google.com/search?q=ivo ... 0CAYQ_AUoAA&biw=1024&bih=677

good luck!

November 8, 2011 Flag

I am still looking for the pattern for Mr. and Mrs. Santa dolls made with Ivory Soap bottles. Can someone tell me where I can obtain it or the name of a book that contains the pattern for all the Ivory Soap bottle dolls. Thank you.

Joyce

I saw one on ebay and it looks like you buy the doll head top and add it to the bottle. Then buy arms and legs. Either make a Santa suite or buy one and dress it. I have searched and searched and can't find anything.

April 9, 2010 Flag

How do I obtain a pattern for the Ivory Liquid bottle Mr. and Mrs. Santa? This pattern, I believe, is from the 60s.

By Joyce from Chicago, IL

Answers:

Ivory Soap Bottle Dolls

I've enlarged the picture. (11/30/2009)

By disciple1fan

RE: Ivory Soap Bottle Dolls

Ivory Soap Bottle Dolls

You may try to inquire through your local newspaper. (Major newspaper). The larger cities used to have craft columns where you would send in self stamped envelopes to receive instructions or even recipes. (12/20/2009)

By kchenez

Ivory Soap Bottle Dolls

I have patterns for different dolls made from ivory soap bottles including the ones your requesting and will share the patterns and also have 2 tubs full of these dolls ready to be dressed for sale cause I'm moving and can't take them with me. I will send you pictures if you like and you can let me know. Thanks.

Judy (02/16/2010)

By judyscrafts

Judy i very much want these patterns for mr & mrs Clause , I. would like to buy a pair of the excess ones you have. my email is pixie6373 at yahoo.com. I'm not sure how this works, but will send a payment for the pair of bottles you have + whatever you want for the pattern. will you please send me information and instructions. as for shipping. i sure hope you still have some. will send this here plus a copy to judycrafts

I would like to have a copy of the pattern. Made some several years ago and have misplaced them in my divorce. Thanks Onetta Fulgham

I would love the pattern to Mr and Mrs Claus ivory soap dolls. My gramma made a pair and never was able to find the pattern. I'd like to make these for my girls in grammar memory.

November 29, 2009 Flag

Back in the late 60's or early 70's I used to make dolls from Ivory soap bottles. The heads and hands were vinyl and you actually made clothes.

Crafts Recycled Crafts DecorApril 24, 2012
Hand washing shower wall
Removing Soap Scum from Shower Doors
Angel made from a recycled green pop bottle.
Making a Pop Bottle Angel
Granville House Doll
Finding the Value of Granville House Dolls
Neatly Wrapped Homemade Soap
Packaging Homemade Soap for Sale
🎉
🎄