Making a Miniature Soap Bible
Vacation bible school teachers will love making this craft with the kids. This page contains instructions for making a miniature soap bible from a bar of Ivory soap.
Share on ThriftyFunThis page contains the following solutions. Have something to add? Please share your solution!
This is a great project for Vacation Bible School. Fun for the little ones. It is a Bible made from a bar of Ivory soap.
- regular size bar of Ivory Soap
- square of black felt or foam
- 12 inches of 1 1/2 inch red craft ribbon
- back and gold sequins
- 1/4 inch sequin pins
- Wrap ribbon around edges of soap, beginning midway on a long side. Tuck in corners and pin in place. Add a few more pins around the edges to anchor the ribbon. Repeat this process on both sides of the soap.
- Cut Bible cover from black felt or foam 3 1/4 inches by 5 1/4 inches. Fold over the bar of the soap with the middle of the piece covering the side where the ends of the ribbon meet.
- Put a pin with a black sequin at each corner of the cover on the front and the back to hold the cover in place. Pin sequins on the front cover and on the spine of the Bible in the shape of a cross as shown in the pictures.
By Harlean from Hot Springs, AR
Editor's Note: Harlean has also provided a PDF of this craft with more pictures. Click here to download it.
June 21, 20070 found this helpful
WHAT A WONDERFUL IDEA. THIS IS SO CUTE AND SO EASY. I REALLY HAVE TO THANK YOU FOR SUBMITTING THIS
By jojo (Guest Post)
June 21, 20071 found this helpful
This is a cute idea. It reminds me of the saying "Cleanliness is next to Godliness"..i.e. soap & bible?!?!?!
Thanks for sharing
By Linda in Alabama (Guest Post)
June 22, 20071 found this helpful
This is so cute. You could put a note on it that says "Jesus will wash away your sins"!
Read More Comments
June 22, 20070 found this helpful
What a beautiful craft for children to make at Bible school!