Making a Miniature Soap Bible
Bronze Post Medal for All Time! 148 Posts
June 21, 2007
This is a great project for Vacation Bible School. Fun for the little ones. It is a Bible made from a bar of Ivory soap.
- regular size bar of Ivory Soap
- square of black felt or foam
- 12 inches of 1 1/2 inch red craft ribbon
- back and gold sequins
- 1/4 inch sequin pins
- Wrap ribbon around edges of soap, beginning midway on a long side. Tuck in corners and pin in place. Add a few more pins around the edges to anchor the ribbon. Repeat this process on both sides of the soap.
- Cut Bible cover from black felt or foam 3 1/4 inches by 5 1/4 inches. Fold over the bar of the soap with the middle of the piece covering the side where the ends of the ribbon meet.
- Put a pin with a black sequin at each corner of the cover on the front and the back to hold the cover in place. Pin sequins on the front cover and on the spine of the Bible in the shape of a cross as shown in the pictures.
By Harlean from Hot Springs, AR
Editor's Note: Harlean has also provided a PDF of this craft with more pictures. Click here to download it.
CommentsRead More Comments
Published by ThriftyFun.
© 1997-2022 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved.