Making a Bible Cake

Category Cakes
A traditional bible cake is a kind of a puzzle cake in that you need to look up the scriptures to find the ingredients. This is a page about making a bible cake.

Probably the last place you'd expect to find a cake recipe is in the Bible. The ingredients are there in its pages. You'll enjoy hunting up the references and the mixing is simple. It's a delicious fruit cake.

Ingredients

Start here: Reference No. 1: Judges 5:25 "She brought forth butter in a lordly dish."
  1. 1 lb. Judges, 5:25 (last clause)
  2. 1 lb. Jeremiah, 6:20
  3. 1 Tbsp. I Samuel, 14:25
  4. 3 of Jeremiah, 17:11
  5. 1 lb. I Samuel, 30:12
  6. 1 lb. Nahum 3:12, chopped
  7. 1 cup Numbers 17:8, blanched and chopped
  8. 4 cup I Kings 4:22
  9. Season to taste with II Chronicles 9:9
  10. A pinch of Leviticus 2:13
  11. 1 tsp. Amos 4:5
  12. 3 Tbsp. Judges 4:19

Note: Leaven means baking powder.

Directions

Beat 1, 2 and 3 to cream; add No. 4, one at a time, still beating, then 5, 6 and 7. Beat again. Add 8, 9, 10 and 11, having already mixed them together, and lastly, 12. Bake in a slow over at 275 degree F for 1 hour.

Hint about II Chronicles: I use clove, nutmeg, cinnamon, ginger or I use allspice to taste.

Source: I've had this recipe for over 30 years and found it in an old church cookbook.

By Carolyn from Nashville, TN

By donnadavis01 (Guest Post)

Thank-you so much for sharing. I am sure it will bless me and all those I pass it on to. May God bless you and yours MIGHTILY!

Food and Recipes Recipes Baking & Desserts CakesMay 6, 2014
🎃