What are Ceiling Tiles?

I noticed a tip using ceiling tiles. Can someone please enlighten me as to what they are? I haven't a clue. Thank you.

By Kaye from Eaglehawk, Victoria, Australia

To celebrate the new year we are giving away $200 in Amazon gift cards for people who answer questions on ThriftyFun in January! Click here to find out more...

It is kind of hard to describe ceiling tiles, especially what they are made out of. They are soft like cardboard, but thicker and a different texture. All of the ones that I have seen are off white color. I think mostly they come in about 12 x 24" size. A lot of the time they are used to make what is called a dropped ceiling, which is sometimes used in basements, and sometimes in other rooms. These would be real easy to stick thumb tacks/push pins into to hang things on walls.

Thank you I have the picture now. Different country different names! Kaye

Home and Garden Home Improvement AdviceMarch 9, 2011
Removing Moss from Asphalt Roof Tiles
Removing Moss from Asphalt Roof Tiles
Photo of a ceiling fan.
Cleaning a Ceiling Fan
Refurbished a Ceiling Fan
Refurbishing a Ceiling Fan
Ceramic Floor Tile
Fixing Cracks in Ceramic Floor Tile
🍀
💘
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on January 16, 2017 at 2:01:13 PM on 10.0.0.96 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.