Cell Phone Battery Isn't Charging

By Barbara Calfee 7 2

All of a sudden my cell phone battery won't charge with any of its chargers. It's not the battery, the front of the phone shows no indication that charge is reaching the phone at all. Could the "leads" be dirty? Thanks!

Barbara from Cleveland, OH

Showing: Answers Sort

By Becca25 11 111 Flag

I've had this happen with several of my phones. It could be that the charger outlet is stripped or the insides of the outlet has shifted out of place. Try pulling or pushing the charger up or down gently to see if it gets charge that way. Usually, I have to get it at the right angle to where it works and don't mess with it. Sometimes plugging it in and turning the phone face down with the butt of the phone dangling over the edge of a surface does the trick. Other times, I have to put it on its side or wrap the cord around. It definitely is a pain, but I share your frustration.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

By Harlean 142 427 Flag

If you are not turning your phone off before you put it on the charger, try that. Sometimes mine won't charge if I leave the phone turned on.

Harlean from Arkansas

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

By Holly 367 1,263 Flag

Scrape all the leads on the phone and the charger to remove what might be an invisible build up of acid corrosion. Wipe clean. Try to charge again. Use a different electric outlet.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

By Kim Churchman 3 1,277 Flag

It's new battery time.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

By Noella 11 381 Flag

That happened to me, thought I needed a new battery. I took it to the cell-phone store and they cleaned the "leads." Works like a charm now.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

By Barbara Snyder 13 98 Flag

It happened to me the other night what I did was take the back off the phone took the battery out and the sim card and blew in it with air and blew on the battery too put the stuff back together and tried it again and it worked.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

By char13 1 Flag

It keeps on happening to me each day and it has got really annoying. Please could someone help me.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

Comment

Home and Garden Repair Electronics (Small) CellphonesMarch 4, 2009
ThriftyFun on Facebook ThriftyFun on Pinterest Enter a Contest Free Newsletters Ask a Question Share a Post
Pink Silicone Cell Phone Case
Cleaning a Silicone Cell Phone Case
striped knit sock like phone pouch
Making a Cell Phone Holder
Cell Phone Batteries
Saving Money on Cell Phone Batteries
Cell Phone User Making call with Card
Saving Money on Phone Cards
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on February 9, 2016 at 11:40:19 AM on 10.0.2.120 in 1 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.

NewestOldestMost HelpfulLeast HelpfulRelevance
Site MenuShare a PostContestsAsk a QuestionAbout ThriftyFun
BrowseAll By DateAll GuidesAll QuestionsAll VideosRecent FeedbackLonely Questions
CategoriesBetter LivingBudget & FinanceBusiness & LegalConsumer AdviceCraftsEducationEntertainmentFood & RecipesGarage SalesHealth & BeautyHolidays & PartiesHome & GardenMake Your OwnOrganizingParentingPetsTravel & RecreationWeddings