Saving Money on Cell Phone Batteries

Since I don't have a need for a cell phone on a regular basis I use a Tracfone. I've had trouble finding new batteries, and when I did, they cost as much as or more than a new phone. So I bought two phones when they were on sale for around $12, activated one and kept the other for a spare battery. Now I always have a fully charged battery that I can switch right away, and I still have the extra phone if I ever need to replace the old one.

By Karen Muermann from Cosby, TN

Read More or Comment...

Smart idea to buy two Tracfones for the spare battery. I have a Tracfone and I like it since it doesn't require a long term contract. And if I need minutes I just add them to my phone and pay my credit card bill.

Tracfone has extended their calling area. I live in NYS and have called friends in AZ and NM and the reception is very clear. I can't understand why people think they'll get better service by committing to a contract. If you don't use all the minutes, you lose them, and that's just throwing money away. I don't want to walk around with a cell phone glued to my ear, then I wouldn't be able to get anything done.

How can I revive dead cell phone batteries?

By Barbara

Answers

You didn't provide a great deal of information. Are you saying that the battery has simply run down? If so, then all you have to do is re-charge it by plugging the phone into your charger and then plugging the charger into an electrical outlet until the message on the screen says that the battery is fully charged.

If you have done this and still the battery seems to be dead, you probably need a new battery.

Viewing This Page
Better Living Frugal Living AdviceMarch 28, 2013
🌻
📓
😎
🐛
😷
https://www.thriftyfun.com/Saving-Money-on-Cell-Phone-Batteries.html