Saving Money on Cell Phone Batteries

Replacing the battery in your cell phone can be costly. This is a guide about saving money on cell phone batteries.

Since I don't have a need for a cell phone on a regular basis I use a Tracfone. I've had trouble finding new batteries, and when I did, they cost as much as or more than a new phone. So I bought two phones when they were on sale for around $12, activated one and kept the other for a spare battery. Now I always have a fully charged battery that I can switch right away, and I still have the extra phone if I ever need to replace the old one.

By Karen Muermann from Cosby, TN

How can I revive dead cell phone batteries?

By Barbara

Answers

You didn't provide a great deal of information. Are you saying that the battery has simply run down? If so, then all you have to do is re-charge it by plugging the phone into your charger and then plugging the charger into an electrical outlet until the message on the screen says that the battery is fully charged.

If you have done this and still the battery seems to be dead, you probably need a new battery.