My Pool Turned Green

I woke up one morning to find my pool completely green. I tried 16oz of super shock (only calls for 3 3/4 oz) its still green. Can anyone help me?

Nene from Keeseville, NY

I was just visiting friends in NY and they had the same problem. They were told to put salt in their pool. The ph and sulpher was ok but that the salt would clear it up. You could try it out. What have you got to lose.

I was told by a man with his own pool business to

pour plain baking soda in and let it mix. Just keep

adding it until it clears up. You can use as much

as you need without it being harmful to the pool or

you.

First-shock the pool. Second-scrub down the walls. Third-get the phosphates out by using a phos-free chemical that pool stores carry. Fourth-put that in and run the pump 24 hours. That should clear it up.

Check your ph balance. Keep vac'ing it and it will go away eventually.

I am right now looking at my green swamp that used to be a sparkling clear pool! I let it go a few days and it turned a brighter shade of green then grass. I put 2 gallons of shock, back washed it, and have a chlorine tablet floating. Usually it clears up pretty fast but its been 4 hours and we still cant see the bottom, or anything else. I am hoping it clears by tomorrow or I will be taking some advice of other people on here; baking soda, salt, bleach and water? Ugh! I just wanna vacuum it and close it for the season. Now its hotter than it was in august and I'm running the filter 24 hours. Will update when things are looking 'brighter'!

I had the same problem. Get some floc from your pool company. Follow the directions on the bottle. Basically, you switch your filter by recirculating the water back into the pool, bypassing the filter. Before you add the floc, brush the sides of the pool good. Add correct amount of floc, circulate (with water bypassing the filter) for 2 hours. Then, turn off the pump and let the pool sit undisturbed for 12-48 hours. The polymer will thicken the algae and the algae will drop to the bottom. Being very careful not to disturb the algae on the bottom, vacuum the pool to waste. Add fresh water since your pool level will drop. Backwash the filter. Set the sand filter to filter and start the pump. Remember, the floc does not kill the algae. You must vacuum the dirty green water to waste. Check the chlorine level. Add shock if level drops below 3 ppm. This worked for me.

Home and Garden Home Improvement Pools and Hot TubsJuly 14, 2008
Inflating Pool Toys
Inflating Pool Toys
Canning Green Beans, Freezing Green Beans, Growing Green Beans, Storing Green Beans, Drying Green Beans
Storing Green Beans
Cloudy water in an above ground pool.
Cloudy Water in an Above Ground Pool
Swimmer's Green Hair
Remedies for Swimmer's Green Hair
🎄
🍂