Fun Way to Teach Simple Words

When teaching Kindergarten. I found a fun way to teach my kids simple words like: cat, dog, pie, bird, shoe, etc. I made a game called spill and spell.

Find a picture of the items from magazines and using contact paper attach to the outside of a clean (label removed) baby food jar. Then put the letters that make up the word inside the baby food jar. You could use letter tiles or even a heavy cardboard with the letters hand written and cut apart on them. Then I write how to spell the word on the bottom of the lid.

So a child comes over, picks a jar, spells out the word and then checks his/her answer by the lid. A fun game to make and play.

By Jennifer Cofer

Very creative. I bet you are a great teacher!

ParentingJanuary 17, 2005
Man training a dog to sit.
Teaching Your Dog to Sit
Father teaching his son to drive
Teaching a Teen to Drive
"Affect" vs "Effect"
Grammar Tip: "Affect" vs "Effect"
Swagbucks Reviews
Swagbucks Reviews
🐰
🍀
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on February 23, 2017 at 1:30:26 PM on 10.0.1.11 in 3 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.