George (Silver Dapple Dachshund)

My husband and step-son went to an exotic pet store just to look around. We saw George in a baby play pin with all the other puppies. My husband fell in love with him as soon as he picked him up and held him.

He loves playing with the neighbor dog, and loves walking in the park. He starts off barking and getting close to other dogs, but as soon as the other dog shows dominance, George starts whimpering and runs back to me and wants me to pick him up (just like a small kid would do). It's hilarious.

George was entered in the St. Louis Soulard Weiner Dog Races and he won 2nd place this year. George and my other dog have been broadcasted on 19 stations in 19 states last year and this year for Warner Brothers. His last show aired for four months.

George is the sweetest, funniest puppy I've ever seen. He has very tiny, beady light blue eyes, unlike most Dachshunds where they are brown and almond-shaped. The lady who owned the pet store said that every night when she let the dogs all run together after the store closed, George always started out in the lead, then stopped and waited for all the other dogs to start running back, then George started running again so he would win every time.

He sleeps inside the arm of my robe or on top of my head at night. One day I found his poo on top of the toilet seat too. I think he thinks he is part human. When I am sitting on the couch, he always hops up in my lap and then I sit him up against the back of the couch and he sits straight up, just like a person would do.

We have another dog and she always runs outside when she hears the door open. Because George knows she always does this, he runs up to me to let me know he wants to go outside, he runs out, then the other dog runs out, then George quickly runs back in so he can get to her dog food first.

When we put him in his cage, he tries to lick his way out. (I have a video of this I could submit too.) Everytime I get ready to leave the house, I start combing my hair and putting make up on, he stars whimpering because he knows I am leaving the house. Then when I get up to the door, he runs and hops up to the couch onto a tall table and when he looks up at me, he's saying 'take me with you'. He doesn't like to be alone.

By Mary from Godfrey, Illinois

Great story - I think George has you wrapped around his paw!

Photos Pets DogsApril 15, 2010
Cleaning Silver, Silver tea pot with an antique Chinese tea cup and saucer.
Cleaning Silver
silver tea pot
Determining Silver Plate vs. Sterling Silver
Woman Polishing a Piece of Silver
Homemade Silver Polishing Cloths
Dachshund and Schnauzer Mix
Dachshund and Schnauzer Mixed Breed Information and Photos
🎄
🍂
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on November 18, 2016 at 10:28:40 AM on 10.0.1.114 in 945 msecs. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.