Poll: Have you purchased an HDTV?

Today's poll asks: Have you purchased an HDTV? Please post your answer below.

If you have any feedback about HDTVs, feel free to post it in the feedback forum below.

We tried to buy an HDTV as a gift for our Mom. It ended up being more trouble than it was worth. It cost $700. We then had to pay 10 a month extra for cable to take advantage of it's features. When watching normal TV it had annoying grey bars on either side of the picture and when we tried to tune in HDTV channels, the color was off. We ended up returning the TV and getting a non-HDTV of about the same size for $500 less with a lot less headache. The cheaper TV doesn't have the clarity but if you don't see it side by side with an HDTV, you don't miss the clarity.

My personal opinion is, wait for them to come down in price and be sure to buy one from a place that makes it easy to return items. We bought ours at Best Buy, and other than the drive to the store, it took about 10 minutes to return it. Just be sure to return it within 30 days for less hassle.

Every chance I get, I tell EVERYONE how sorry Philips Magnavox is.

When we built our house, we splurged and bought a HDTV for nearly $3,000. We didn't buy the extended warranty b/c we felt we had spent enought and surely it would last more than a year.

Well guess what. As soon as the year was up it starting acting crazy. The screen would black out and then when it got good and ready, the picture would come back. Part of the picture would black out. Then it would magnify so you could only see part of the picture. Like, you would only see the person's forehead when you were supposed to see their whole face.

We too got grey bars, but we had the hdtv service. When I called them about the tv, they said, sorry, should have bought the extended warranty.

But wouldn't you feel like me? At 13 months would you be expecting the tv not to work? I could see in maybe 5 years or 10 years BUT NOT 13 MONTHS!

DON'T BUY PHILIPS PRODUCTS! THEY DON'T STAND BEHIND THEM!

I still have my 1980's walnut floor model tube TV. A TV repairman told me that most of the TV's he fixes are 5 years old or less.

No. I'm still using an CRT TV, will keep it as long as it works! I don't seem to watch a lot of TV anymore and even if I did, HDTV is not something I'd have to have.

Avocados on a Tree
Caring for an Avocado Tree
Closeup of HDMI Cable
Saving Money on HDMI Cables
Removing Ice from Your Windshield, Gloved hand scraping icy windshield.
Removing Ice from Your Windshield
Head of green leaf lettuce.
Washing Lettuce
🎄
🍂