Question
Share>Newsletters>Account>About>

Dress Pants are a Lint Magnet

How do I get my clothes from being a lint and hair magnet? I'll clean them off with a lint roller, but before I get out the door I've got all kinds of stuff all over them again.

Angel

Here are the recent answer to this question.

By Melly (Guest Post)02/16/2009

You can also try a rubber industrial glove. Just wipe it straight on the fabric as if you were wiping down a counter. I tried this with a set of gloves I got from Dollar Tree and it completely got the cat hairs off my chair.

By Cyinda [214]02/04/2009

To stop lint from clinging, simply take a fabric softener dryer sheet & lightly wipe it over your clothes. This will stop static cling. It's best to use an already used dryer sheet, this way you won't get any residue on your clothes. A second option is to make a "non-wrinkle-non-static cling" spray. Just take about a cup of water & a cup of rubbing alcohol or vodka & to this add about an ounce of liquid fabric softener & put this into a (well-marked) spray bottle & shake it up, then spray this lightly on to your clothes. It not only stops static cling it helps remove wrinkles. (The alcohol is added to help the solution dry quicker)

* I've found one of the best ways to get lint off of my clothes is to use an old-fashioned REGULAR bristle hair brush & simply brush your pants. This works especially well on fleece fabrics, but I've used an old fashioned bristle brush on many kinds of fabrics including knits, wovens & fleece as well as fluffy "poodle" fabrics.

By Sara (Guest Post)02/04/2009

Try spraying with static guard.