Scenery: Cumbres and Toltec Scenic Railroad

We live in Southern Colorado and one of my favorite things to do here is ride the Cumbres and Toltec Scenic Railroad, a 100+ year old narrow gauge train that travels from Antonito, CO to Chama, NM. This picture was taken on a beautiful snowy day in September. Come visit us sometime! For those of you who don't like the chill, there are mostly warm summer days and even gorgeous Autumn days when the aspen leaves are gold, pink and orange.

By MtnWmn from Antonito, CO

Cumbres And Toltec Scenic Railroad

I took this ride a few years ago. It is awesome. I want to go again. It's like going to the Grand Canyon, you see something you missed the first time.

I was born in Durango in 1927 and have ridden through this beautiful country many many times. Thanks for bringing back lovely memories.

I love this picture! It is so reminiscent of the area. I grew up in Monte Vista and remember many scenes like these... It makes me homesick!

Photos SceneryJanuary 8, 2009
beautiful colorful fall maple leaves
Photos of Fall Leaves
Missouri Travel
Missouri Frugal Travel Information and Photos
Model Railroad
Making Your Own Model Railroad Structures
Using Railroad Ties in Landscaping, Stack of Railroad Ties
Using Railroad Ties in Landscaping