ReusingGreen Living

Reusing Trampoline Mesh

Does anyone have any ideas of how to recycle an old trampoline mesh? My son is recycling the metal and my husband is keeping the springs. The mesh is still good and so nice and thick I was trying to think of something it could be used for. We have a mule and I was thinking we could use it as some shade for his lot. That's all I could come up with.

Amanda from NC

You can also use the screen to shade veggies or flowers from summer sun damage, maybe use it as a row cover for early planted seedlins next Spring.

I used ours to kill off weeds. It's been down for this past year and it's doing a great job, even against Japanese Knotweed. It's a bit of an eyesore, but it's not really anywhere anyone other then us can see it, although I guess you could always cover it with mulch. Good luck!

You could stitch it up into a big sack for sports equipment, like an entire soccer game of stuff, or a smaller tote for your portable craft projects. It would be nice over a dog kennel area and even for a floor in one.

I do craft fairs & they sell (for big bucks) this sturdy mesh that you hang on the sides of your booth (used for display). Mostly people that sell photos use the mesh to hang their photos on. I bet, if you stretch it from side to side along a wall, then buy a pack of "S" hooks, I bet you could use it to store all kinds of things... It could even be hung from your garage ceiling & used to store soccer balls, basket balls & other things like that.

---> But here's my top favorite: Just think of what a wonderful thing it would be stretched across 2 poles next year to grow your peas & beans on... They could climb right up it! ...Or even along a fence or wall to grow ivy on for privacy.

Also, just think of what a wonderful laundry bag or bin (on a frame) it would make! ...SHEESH! I want it!

I think your idea to shade the mule is the best! Give the mule a hug from me.