Coffee Grounds for Fire Ants

To kill those pesky fire ants use coffee grounds. Don't throw away those used coffee grounds after you perk that pot. Place in a plastic bag and save them. When you find a hill of ants in your yard place them on top and around the hill. Within a few hours the hill will be filled with dead ants.

Take the grounds on camping trips or other family outings. You never know when you may need them. This really works, I have seen it with my own eyes.

By Libby

Showing: Comments Sort: Relevance

If you don't drink enough coffee for coffee grounds then use Medina orange oil, about two ounces to a gallon of water over the mound. They are gone! I get the orange oil at Home Depot. Also good for fleas on a dog. About 1 ounce of water to a couple gallons of water. Put dog where you can pour it over him/her several times. I use a laundry basket/tub. To control fleas do it every couple weeks until all the eggs hatch. Also cleans the dog great.

Most coffee shops will be happy to give you their used grounds! My local store throws theirs into a seperate garbage bag for me to collect at the end of the day - my garden gets a boost while I stop this valuable resource heading to the tip. Most (not all) acid loving plants will love you for the coffee!

Add your voice! Click below to comment on this post or add your answer to this question. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom.

Fire Ants
Getting Rid of Fire Ants
Home and Garden Pest Control AntsOctober 19, 2004
ground coffee
Uses for Coffee Grounds
Ants on a Trumpet Vine
Keeping Ants Off a Trumpet Vine
ground coffee
Using Coffee Grounds in the Garden
Flying ant on a white background.
Getting Rid of Flying Ants
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on June 25, 2016 at 6:05:42 AM on 10.0.0.92 in 260 msecs. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.