Consider The Advantages Of Bartering

Always consider the advantages of informal "bartering". I have sung for my brunch at a local bistro, and played in exchange for use of an instrument or for a set of strings. A friend helped me paint my apartment in exchange for me acting as his unpaid research assistant. You get the idea.

On the one hand, it's just an exchange of favors among friends, and as such beneath any tax radar, and on the other, a real way of using your talents and resources to the best advantage. Physicians have been doing that for years, offering special rates among themselves to other members of the profession.

I agree with you about bartering(exchanging favors),but wouldn't it be difficult over the internet?

Judy from alabama

Actually, it's scary how low the IRS radar goes on bartering. Make sure you know the level to avoid prosecution. They have chased down people for bartering, it's sad but true.

bartering hand shake
Bartering for Goods and Services
Better Living Frugal Living AdviceJune 1, 2007
Front Loading Washer
Using a Front Loading Washer
Applying Nail Wraps
Applying Nail Wraps
Battery Powered Candles
Buying Battery Powered Candles
🐰
🍀
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on February 23, 2017 at 2:04:12 PM on 10.0.2.237 in 3 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.