Why Does My Kitten Nibble on My Face?

Why does my kitten nibble at my face? It is not like she is trying to hurt me. She just puts her nose to my face and then gently bites my skin and holds on.

By Laticia and Michael from Dallas, TX

To celebrate the new year we are giving away $200 in Amazon gift cards for people who answer questions on ThriftyFun in January! Click here to find out more...

She's probably teething. Or it could be that she likes the taste of your makeup or lotion. When my kittens were teething, I purchased some small chew toys for them. When they bit something inappropriate, like me, I would tell them no and then encourage them to bite the chew toy.

She's probably attempting to suckle. Even when they are considered adoptable at 6 weeks old, it is still early for maternal separation/weaning for some kittens. Some kittens will similarly knead their caregivers, blankets, stuffed animals etc because this is how they would have gotten the milk to flow with the mama cat.

Basically, both actions are bonding behaviors, something some cats will continue to do throughout their lives when they are content or sometimes when they are looking for comfort. If she's bothering you, a gentle redirection is all that is needed.

Basically, both actions are bonding behaviors - something some cats will continue to do throughout their lives when they are content or sometimes when they are looking for comfort. If she's bothering you, a gentle redirection is all that is needed.

Pets CatsJune 11, 2010
One Month Old Kittens
Feeding a One Month Old Kitten
Flea Bath
Giving a Kitten a Flea Bath
Black and White Kitten
Adopting a Kitten
Teething Kitten
Teething Kitten Advice
🍀
💘
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on January 15, 2017 at 11:40:28 AM on 10.0.2.167 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.