Reduce Odor with Ziplock Bags for Dirty Diapers

When disposing of dirty diapers, use zip lock bags. Some baby wipe packages are resealable, save these for disposing of diapers also. You can recycle the bags this way. It also makes for a odor free home.

By 79chrisab from Ohio

Ziplock bags are rather expensive where we live. If I used disposable diapers I used a plastic grocery bag, and we took our trash out daily.

We rarely used disaposible diapers, due to the cost and the fact I had 3 in diapers at the same time. I once figured it up and I saved over $11,000 by not using disposable diapers on all my kids. I used the same cloth ones for all, and received most of them as shower gifts. I usually washed a load of diapers every 3rd or 4th day, and line dried them.

It would be a lot less expensive to reuse grocery bags or vegetable bags and just tie the top off and place in the outside trash once a day to keep odor away from inside the home. Reusing the baby wipe packages is a good idea though :-)

We always saved the bags from the newspaper and put the diapers in there then tied it in a knot and tossed it in the trash. Never had any odors but we emptied the trash almost every day.

My problem is with adult diapers, which become, ahem, very aromatic if not changed often enough. Bread bags, grocery sacks, and produce bags simply don't contain the odor at all. I've had to resort to ziplock bags, which work well enough to get by until trash day. I've learned, though, NOT to put the filled bags in a plastic wastebasket; the ammonia will seep through the plastic, and be absorbed by the wastebasket.

Used Diaper
Reducing Disposible Diaper Pail Odors
Parenting BabyFebruary 19, 2010
Ziploc Bag
Using Ziploc Bags
Saving Money On Ziptop Bags, Coins in Zip-Lock Bag
Saving Money On Ziptop Bags
Man in Green Shirt Smelling His Underarm
Preventing Underarm Odor
Bag aquarium.
Making a Ziplock Garden or Aquarium